Image Map

Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016

This year has been amazing. I love that the things that I once prayed for have been coming together. My biggest resolution last year was to not focus on the negative, and it's a goal I want to keep focusing on. I mean sometimes on social media people post their "real" moments and that's cool and all but the moments I want to keep sharing are the happy ones. I think sometimes you might get the impression that I have gotten my happily ever after (I like to think of it as a happily new beginning) but, trust me, I have some real shit moments, too. I just want to keep trying to keep my eyes on the good times. There is a quote by Anne Frank that says, "Whoever is happy will make others happy, too." I just realize how real this is in my life. When I am focusing on the good and am happy it's so much easier for others around me to be happy as well. I'm sorry about blabbering on about my resolution and continued goal I just see a lot of negativity, especially on social media, and want to steer clear of that as much as possible.

Besides that.... here is a quick update... life is so good. We finished out the year with Christmas with Boston then she went with her dad and when she left Tylee, Nayvie and Kinley came to celebrate Christmas with us! Two separate Christmas's was pretty tiring on Santa but this is the last time they don't get to all get to be together for a holiday. So, 2017 is already going to great because of that. Having all of our girls together, especially on the holidays is my favorite feeling. It's amazing to me how well they have all blended in together. On Christmas Eve I told Boston she had to clean her room so Santa would come. I checked on her after a bit because it was taking quite a while and she was in cleaning the twins room. She said she wanted Santa to bring them presents, too. My mom heart melted. She comes home tomorrow and I miss her like crazy but the other three have kept us super happy. Plus, our house is now full of four matching scooters, more dolls, more barbies, more clothes and more kids crafts supplies. Tanner spoiled me and let me pick out some really expensive face stuff I have had my eyes on for a while and surprised me with a few other things, my favorite is an amazing oil defuser, that I highly recommend! He is so sweet with flowers and treats and presents but my favorite thing about him is just that I know, without any doubt in my mind, that he loves me so much, I can see it not just because of how he say's it and shows it but by the way he looks at me. I don't even know how I got as lucky as I did with a man like him but I am so happy the universe was on my side with him.

We are gearing up to go to our families New Years Eve party but I couldn't leave 2016 behind without writing in here one last time and expressing how much I have loved this past year and how thankful I am for all of the blessings I have gotten during it. I'm honestly smiling right now as I type this remembering the amazing moments from the past 12 months. When you focus on the good and look for the good you find the good, and I'm so glad I learned that this year..... &, I can't wait to share more happy news in 2017!

XO:
Ashlynn Smith

Temple Square Christmas lights.
Matching Christmas Jammies!
Sneaky Santa got us matching hoodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment