Image Map

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Clean Microwave

I lived in the cute little apartment I am in since December of 2011 and Boston joined me in February 2012. So, that's about four and a half ish years of living in our home. Like most homes we have a microwave... which is used a lot, hot chocolate, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, you know the kind of unappetizing foods most toddlers love the most along with reheating various leftovers. 

In the four and a half ish years I have lived here not once have I cleaned that microwave. Partially because it never really occurred to me that it needed to be cleaned until about a month and a half ago. Since a month and a half ago every time I would look at it I just would tell myself I would do it later or maybe I could pay one of my nephews or nieces to clean it. I just kept putting it off and it still stayed the same. Tonight I did phase one of deep cleaning and I tackled that microwave, I tackled it real good. 

I guess cleaning that stupid microwave taught me in a strange way that sometimes things arn't fun and you can put them off along time but they are going to be there, unfinished, until you finally do them. You can close the door and not look at it but really you know it's still there. It isn't going to change and get better unless I do something about it. And, it feels so much better to do them yourself rather that getting help on something you can easily do. 

Excuse my random thoughts... I'm just basking in my cleaner house and my spotless microwave right now.

XO:
Ashlynn

1 comment:

  1. Here's an awesome microwave tip that I do every time: put in a cup of water and run the microwave for 3ish minutes. When it's done, the water will be boiling and steaming, and all the gunk will wipe off quite easily from the steam. Honestly! Try it once and you'll never go back.

    ReplyDelete