Image Map

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

THE haircut

 I realize that now it's been a few months but I remembered I have never updated on how Boston's short haircut came to be.

Poor Boston, like her mama, has extremely slow growing and thin hair. It had taken almost three years to get it into cute ponytails lengths. But, that's not the main point... 

When I was pregnant I read a really great and informative book on how to be able to bathe when you are a single mom.... just kidding their are no books like that, but I feel like someone needs to write one. When Boston was really little I would put her next to the bathtub in her little bouncer when I bathed and one day, when she was around two months and I was in a hurry I put her in the shower with me, surprised at what a slippery little thing she was. When she first started crawling around and would stay in her little bouncer I would lock the bathroom door with her in  with me and lay out toys and books to look at while I took a bath. She has gotten older and I have Daniel Tiger's exact timeframe on Netflix down so that I can lock the house doors (from the inside and out) so she can't escape and I can take a quick bath or shower. For months it had worked perfectly. 

I am a licensed cosmetologist and on the day before Easter my friend, Michael, came over for a haircut. Boston always loves to watch when I cut peoples hair. I put the scissors away high enough, (or I thought I did) told him goodbye, set Daniel Tiger on and had my 22 minute bath. Things went smooth and after the bath I went to check on her, she was doing great so I put some pajama's on before the Easter Bunny was due to arrive. Two minutes into me putting nightwear on Boston came into my room and very proudly proclaimed, "look, mamma, I can cut hair like you!" Her hair was short in the bangs, uneven, a mullet and a chunk out of the side.... I thought to myself maybe it was just the angle and it wasn't real so I hurried and ran out to check the area in the house I cut Michael's hair. Right on the floor was her beautiful and extremely slow growing hair. Four years worth a work to get to shoulder length gone...Did I cry? yes.... I mean I almost considered if the Easter Bunny was going to make it that night.

I had no choice but to cut it out of the mullet and salvage it the best I could. In her defense she thought she did a fabulous job and was so impressed she could do what mommy does. She even thought I needed to pay her.... On the bright side I am happy I have filled her cup so high with confidence. Since then we have had COUNTLESS talks on how we don't use scissors on our hair or anyone's only mamma does. But, if you were wondering where her locks went there is the story. One day I will laugh about it.... probably in a while from now... but one day it will be funny.

XO:
Ashlynn&Boston
BRONSON

The last picture of her hair before the cut.


The top is what she did... the bottom is what I had to work with.... as you can tell she was pretty proud.
Finished and styled result...she still is pretty darn cute if you aske me.

No comments:

Post a Comment