Image Map

Monday, July 18, 2016

I was holding out for a hero

I heard once that you can't really love someone until you love yourself. And, I thought about it and pondered it all of the time. I love my daughter. I can't even adequately come up with the  words to describe the love I have for her because I didn't know that type of love and protectiveness existed before I became a mom. I loved her so much but I wasn't quite sure I loved myself. For five years I just always wondered what was wrong with me? Why wasn't I lovable? And, when those thoughts are constantly in your head you lose the love for yourself.

I have always been a pretty positive person but over the last few years although I love my daughter I didn't love Ashlynn and it was something my friends and family noticed how much I had changed. 

Over the past while I have let some walls down because I began to realize they weren't keeping others out but mainly trapping me in. A while ago I met a great man, a kind man and a caring man. The best thing about this man is that he loved me even wasn't so sure I loved myself 

Now isn't the time to go into full details about him but, in the future I am beyond excited to. He makes me happy. He makes me want to be kinder and such a better person. He motivates me. He encouraged me to get on a better communication and forgiveness and happy level with Bostons dad. He makes me feel safe and wanted.  He makes me feel things I wasn't sure I would get the opportunity to feel. My friends and family have have been noticing I am gradually coming back to me. I had been holding out for a hero; and he was worth the wait.

XO:
Ashlynn 

My first bike ride. 

When I get surprised at work with flowers from this amazing man I couldn't have a happier heart.


He makes what doesn't matter fade away.

This... This was the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment