Image Map

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Mrs. Smith

It's 11:30 at night. It's been the best weekend. THE BEST. The Patriots won, which is always a reason to celebrate.... BUT, I am typing this on my HUSBANDS computer while he is sleeping. I literally am married and I am on cloud 9. I would even dare say cloud 10 if that exists. I haven't posted for a while so I decided now is a good time to share a little bit of how our two month courtship turned into marriage. 

Let me rewind to my families Fourth of July dinner we had up at my parents house this summer. My family was asking why I didn't date anyone seriously and what my plans were. I told them how much I loved my life; it was fun. I got to be mom all of the time and on occasional weekends I got to just go with friends and have no cares, life was great. I had convinced myself over the last years that was the best it was going to be and to just enjoy it.

A few days later I was at work on Facebook and the video popped up on my newsfeed. It was a video Tanner had made of him and his three little girls and I was pretty smitten with what a cute dad he was. So, when people ask us how we met I have to admit I Facebook messaged him (super romantic, right...).... To be fair he was the one who added me previously on social media. We began talking and two days later we met. We spent every single night together from that moment on. It was on our fifth night that we told each other we loved each other. It scared me to death. I had spent the last few years building up the strongest walls and in a matter of days this man walked into my life and broke them all down.  So, I did something I hadn't done it quite sometime; I prayed. I wanted to make sure that I was making the best decision for not only myself but for Boston and his three girls as well. I can tell you after praying I have never felt a more peaceful feeling in my entire life. 

So.... fastforward to now. He proposed a few weeks ago and we got married last Friday. It was small and so simple. In a little bit we are having a celebration and I am excited for that. I think because it was so quick we get a few of the question like, "are you pregnant?" Which, I just thought I would answer for everyone and say I am 100% not. We just fell in love quick. My favorite thing I have heard is from, When Harry Met Sally, it says, "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." That explains how we felt to a T.

Tanner makes me feel so loved every day. He makes me feel beautiful and he makes me believe in myself. He makes me feel safe. He makes me feel appreciated. He is an amazing cook. I get butterflies when he looks and me and I love his smile. He takes care of me, which I didn't know I had needed so badly. He is my teammate in every senseof the word. He is everything I have always prayed for in a husband. Most importantly he loves Boston. He has also brought three little girls into mine and Boston's lives that we love and adore. You know that Brad Paisley song that say's, "and then all of the sudden it seemed so strange to me how we went from something's missing to a family..." that's exactly how I feel when we are all together and my heart is so full.

I can go on and on about how wonderful he is to me and how thankful I am to have him in my life and trust me if you run into me you will probably hear it but I mostly wanted to share this because it is such a happy time. I re-read my very first post I ever wrote on here... and honestly it wasn't a happy time. But, I can look back on that time without crying now and I know I have healed. I usually spout off a ton of advice to people and it has always worried me that younger girls read my blog and I hope they never make any of the stupid choices I have made. If they learn anything from my life experiences that I have shared I hope it can be to make sure to only accept someone who makes you happy, who pushes you to be better, who lets you know that you are enough, scars and all. Hold out for that person. And when that person comes into your life let them in. I am so thankful I did.

Ashlynn Bronson Smith

My grandpa and grandma Kind were so special to me and I miss them immensely. I was so happy I got to have a part of them with me. My grandpa John got this pearl necklace for my grandma Darlene when he was serving in Japan during WWII. When they both passed it was given to my mom and she let me wear it.



2 comments:

  1. Taylor and I dated for 5 weeks, long distance only seeing each other a few times, and were engaged! We waiting longer to get married cause I wanted to finish school before I got married but people thought we were crazy. I prayed like you and knew. When you truely are in love you know and shouldn't wait. Congrats! You 2 make the cutest couple and beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Patrick and I were engaged 1 month after our first date

    ReplyDelete